Spiritual enlightenment is knowing what is entirely true about self and reality, and life and death. The term enlightenment is used too indicate a direct-consciousness of ‘you’ and your true nature, meaning what you are, and the absolute reality of your existence.
Spiritual Enlightenment. What Does it Mean to Me
Spiritual enlightenment can have different meanings for different people. For example, Buddhist monks, Hindu yogis, and modern spiritual teachers all use the term Spiritual Enlightenment – but are they speaking of the same thing? Often difficult to clearly define, below, we’ve highlighted some of the common terms used to describe the goals and characteristics of spiritual enlightenment.
- Letting everything go – attachments and identifications with this world and of control
- Choosing to be free from everything
- Arriving into the “Now” Movement
- Making room for the Creator to pour through us again
- Me is no longer in charge
- Realize our infinite spiritual nature
- Everything and everyone is perfect as they are
- Become ONE with everything
- Becoming spirit again
- Devoting time to explore our true spiritual nature
- Stop avoiding, controlling and resisting our emptiness
No matter who you are and what you believe, achieving enlightenment of the spiritual nature brings peace to the body, mind, and spirit.